Sunday, August 2, 2009

Desktop Storage

The first day I arrived at my current job, I was greeted with this blue-washed Ikea drawer unit.



It was a storage solution that I never questioned, until I successfully completed an awesome Design*Sponge tutorial. I loved the outcome so much, I immediately wanted to make over every set of drawers I could get my hands on.

Since the unit was already blue, I couldn't stain and varnish it, the way I did with the last unit. Instead, I painted the whole shebang white, and added simple $6 acrylic drawer pulls for a whole new look.



I think this is a perfectly elegant office storage solution, especially with the added accordion filing system I added to the inside (thanks to tacky glue and craft paper).



Watch out for lots more storage solutions that take advantage of this technique. I just can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment