Monday, February 21, 2011

Introducing Daisy

So it's going to be a while before I can decorate my kitchen and dining room, but that certainly doesn't mean I can't make headway on the rest of the house. I had my living room looking pretty cute, but then I decided to add just one more accessory. A new dog!

Meet Daisy, the 71 lb American Bulldog, rescued from the Van Nuys animal shelter. How could anyone willingly surrender that face??



I know what you're thinking, and no - she will NOT be allowed on the furniture. But it was her first night in a new home, and I decided to cut her some slack.

Unfortunately, she needs training in areas other than furniture boundaries. She was an "outdoor" dog in her last home, and was woefully negelected. She has no idea what stairs are, doesn't know how to ride in a car, can't walk on a leash, and definitely has no concept of potty training. Which I quickly discovered when she happily trotted inside, and promptly tinkled on my cream shag rug.

So now I am in the market for a new living room rug. Something in a pattern, preferably, so that it will disguise any future pet stains. Here is a pic of the now rug-less living room. It's so naked!


And just for comparison's sake, here is a "before" picture of the living room...



My last rug was an unusual dimension, 7x8.5, which was perfect for the space. For the new one, I am looking for something that size, up to 9x11.

I'll be posting links to candidates, so get your opinions ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment