Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Parasol Lighting Fixture

Part of the problem with rental apartments is that there is a limit to what you can customize. For instance, my landlady has a very unfortunate (for me) aversion to painting. However, I've found that one of the easiest and most effective ways to change a room is by updating the lighting fixtures.

I wanted a bright but diffused light in my bedroom that wouldn't blind me in the mornings. This parasol casts a lovely glow, and was incredibly easy to hang. And not including the trip to Chinatown, it only cost about $5!



I merely sawed off the bamboo handle to about 6 inches long, and drilled a screw into the newly cut end. Then I inserted the screw into the hole that was left when I removed the existing glass bowl-style shade.



Bada Bing! Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment