Monday, May 4, 2009

Buttercup Purse

I love purses, I love free, and I love to sew. Lucky for me, Made by Rae has combined my three favorite things by offering this free purse pattern! Woot!



Not feeling like trekking all the way to Joanns to get a magnetic snap, I deviated a bit and used a botton loop closure. I think it works fine, and allows me a little more room on the inside for putting my phone in the interior pocket. I also vetoed the bulky strap included in the pattern. So far it's working as a clutch, but I might add a different type of strap sometime soon. The pattern and tutorial are pretty easy to follow too!

I think it's a pretty cute little spring / summer lightweight clutch, and I am considering enlarging the pattern to make a tote bag. I also think it could be made smaller, and modified to include a zipper, to be used as a cosmetic bag. How multi-functional! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment