Saturday, May 2, 2009

Herb Garden

As I was cruising the dollar bin at Target last night (yes, it was a Rockin' Friday Eve), I spotted cute little ready-to-pot herb kits. I bought three: oregano, sweet basil, and chives. Though I have a brown thumb and kill every plant I get near, I have high hopes for these. They've been easy so far!

Just soak the soil pellet in 1/6 cup lukewarm water and watch it expand before your very eyes! Mash it up with a fork, and transfer it to the pot. The instructions that came with the kit said to only plant ten seeds. I did that with the chives and basil, but the oregano seeds were so darn tiny I added a few more... maybe this is why I kill everything.



After potting I added some simple little signs cut from card stock and mounted with a bamboo skewer. Part of me was afraid I wouldn't recognize the herbs after they'd grown in... did I mention I am not exactly a gourmet chef?



Still, they're cute in my kitchen window sill.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article on herb garden.

    I found this website useful for Herb Gardening tips http://www.herbgardeningtoday.com. I think you guys will find it interesting too.

    Thanks,
    Mark - Herb garden kits

    ReplyDelete