Monday, August 5, 2013

Veggie Garden!

Ever since my dad and I built our redwood planter, I have been itching to fill it up with something fun. This weekend, I finally had my chance!

I realize it's a little late in the season to plant a vegetable garden, but I am hoping our mild California weather will trick the plants into thinking it's still spring time.

I planted seeds for lettuce, scallions, bush beans, and zucchini, which were all part of an "easy to grow" farmer's seed kit. Not willing to trust my future salads to my notorious brown thumb, I also planted a few things that had already been started - basil, strawberries, beefsteak tomatoes, and dill.


All of these plants required "semi-moist" soil (how can you judge if something is "semi-moist"??), but the rosemary plant I had required "arid" soil, so I planted that in a separate pot. I am sincerely hoping that "arid" means I can forget to water it, and it'll grow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment